Liebster Blog Award!
So, guess what every one.... MY BLOG WAS NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD!!!
I am so very psyched right now. I mean, who would've thought that I (the blog) would ever win an award? I was nominated by Inky over at Book Haven Extraordinaire and Megan from Stuck on Reading, so go over and check out their blogs, too (they won it, also).
The Liebster Blog Award is for blogs that have under 200 followers, and the blogs are nominated by other winners who think the blog is awesome (Yes!).
1. Each person/blogger tells eleven facts about themselves/ answers the questions the other blogger posted (you'll see what I mean in a minute).
2. Answer the eleven questions the tagger (blogger who nominated me) has posted, and then give eleven questions for the people you tagged.
3. Choose eleven people to tag and link to them in the post
4. Alert them to your tagging
5. No tag backs.
6. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Facts about me:
1. I'm sixteen years old (about to turn seventeen).
2. I have a younger sister and a younger brother.
3. I'm from the South (not giving a state name, stalker!).
4. I love reading YA books, but I go for the ones with romance in them more than I do for any others.
5. My favorite color is pink.
6. I'm somewhat creative. I even made one of those hallowed out books from my old copy of Breaking Dawn.
7. I LOVE to cook, though I can't create new food recipes. I can do a whole lot with recipes from books, though.
8. I'm addicted to Pinterest! I usually spend hours at a time on it, finding interesting things.
9. I participated in the 2011 NaNoWriMo, though I only got 17,000 words down until I lost interest in writing that story anymore. Also: I'm participating in this month's Camp NaNoWriMo and I have 23,000 words!
10. I love wearing earrings. Whenever I see some that I really like, I compulsively buy them, especially if they have feathers on them.
11. My initials together spell out CAP, and having the name "Cierra" is a curse because whenever someone meets me or asks someone else my name, SOMEONE has to say 'C-I-A-R-A' or some other random song by Ciara. And it is annoying to all get out.
Questions from Inky:
1. I'd have to say that receiving this award has been my best blog experience, but it'd also be getting contacted by authors and publishers to review their books, and also seeing all of my blog views go up.
2. My love of writing, books, and sharing my opinion inspired me to create this lovely blog you see here, today.
3. I've been blogging since November of 2011, but I didn't really start to seriously blog until March of this year.
4. If by 'favorite book discovery' you mean what book did I start reading before everyone else thought about it, it'd have to be The Hunger Games, which I first read in 2008.
5. I'd have to say my most favorite dessert ever (other than chocolate) is Key Lime pie because I love the sweet tartness.
6. My most anticipated book for this year would be Hidden by P.C and Kristin Cast, the next book (#10) in The House of Night series (it comes out October 16 of this year and I'm so excited!).
7. I think the best book quote is:
“We can’t know what’s going to happen. We can just try to figure it out as we go along." - Roger Sullivan from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
8. I specifically blog about Young Adult fictional books, of course ('cause I don't have the patience to read non-fiction).
9. My best fictional crush would probably be Stark from 'The House of Night' series. He is all-around bad boy-like and he's sort of like an underdog (stupid Heath!). In pretty much ANY book I read, I "fall in love" with the underdog/ bad boy types.
10. I am currently reading Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson, Painted Blind by Michelle A. Hansen, Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill, and Prophecy of The Most Beautiful by Diantha Jones. As you can see, my plate is stacked up pretty high.
11. What am I planning to read next? Um... A stack of thirteen or so books that I just got from the library and The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Liz Braswell (just bought it!).
Questions from Megan:
1. I would live in Ancient Greece!!
2. My favorite movie right now is The Hunger Games.
3. If I were stranded on an island, I'd want a good book, a computer, and some kind of internet signal.
4. My favorite website would have to be Wattpad for reading amateur stories, and adding to my own writing.
5. I think the first book I remember reading was this little story book my kindergarten student teacher put together. It was like a picture book with words, and all of the characters were named after each student in my class. I think I may even still have it lying around somewhere...
6. I think everyone should read Old Magic by Marianne Curley. I randomly picked it up in a bookstore, and when I started to read it on the way home, I literally got hooked.
7. I don't really think any book should be turned into a movie. I really dislike it when a good book is turned into a sucky movie (The Hunger Games didn't, yay!), so I stopped hoping for the movie version of a lot of books a long time ago (in my insignificantly short life).
8. I ABSOLUTELY can't live without a notebook and pen, for when random thoughts and ideas come into my head, needing to be written down, whether it's for a scholarship, school, the blog, or story writing.
9. My biggest fear up until a couple of years ago was of man-made heights (like roller-coasters because I'd watched too much Final Destination). I guess my biggest fear, now, is when it storms outside at night (too much Twister... I need to stop watching movies!)because I'm afraid that a tornado or something could happen while I'm sleeping, or that I can't see it.
10. One thing that I'm absolutely, no doubts about, going to do before I die? That's easy, travel the world and go to, most specifically, Italy.
11. Coke or Pepsi? Why, that's easy, Pepsi all the way, because I love the sweetness and it doesn't give your mouth the compulsion to say 'ahhh' from the erratic bubbling.
So, are you all now wondering who/ what blogs I nominated? Here they are:
Blogs I nominated:
Now, my nominees, here are your question:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Where are you from?
3. Do you have any ARCs or Galleys right now? What are they?
4. Where would you go, if you could go anywhere in the world?
5. What made you want to blog about books?
6. What's your favorite book quote?
7. What's your favorite color?
8. If you could talk to anybody (no matter if they're dead or alive), who would it be and why?
9. What's your favorite food?
10. What's your favorite book?
11. How many books are you currently reading and what are they?