Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

1:21 AM 0 Comments A + a -

Obsidian


Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Release Date: January 1, 2011

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Summary (Goodreads):

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.




My Thoughts:

This book starts out after Katy has just made the drastic move from Florida up to West Virginia. Her mom is trying to push her to make new friends, no matter what. Katy meets Daemon by going over to his house (he is their neighbor) and asks him about directions to the grocery store. She almost immediately finds out that he is a giant jerk that she can't help but be attracted to.

I really liked this book. I thought that going with aliens for a paranormal ya book was an unusual choice, but I thought Jennifer did a good job with it. But, it would've been a better surprise if the summary hadn't said that Daemon and Dee (his sister) were aliens.

Now, you know what I really like? Katy is a book blogger (who's my age). Whoop! You heard right here. So, me and her have that in common, though that's about the only thing because I don't see myself meeting a couple of aliens anytime soon.

What I really like about this book was that it flowed and it had me laughing throughout the whole thing. When I needed to go and do something else, I told myself  "Just one more chapter... Or maybe the the next three."

I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved all of the characters. Especially Daemon *swoon* and his hotness, and Katy with her blogging and Dee with her hyperness.

I really can't wait to read Jennifer's next book in the series Onyx that comes out August 14th of this year.

So, it won't surprise you of my five heart (or star) rating of five (5). I'd recommend this book out to anyone who's willing to read this.


5 hearts

I love it when people comment! :D