Destined by Aprilynne Pike

5:26 PM 0 Comments A + a -

Destined


Author: Aprilynne Pike

Release Date: May 1, 2012

Publisher: Harper Collins

Summary (Goodreads):

Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to tuck her hair behind her ear.


He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face close to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching.


She hated how much it felt like good-bye.

Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and Klea plans to use her to help conquer and destroy Avalon. But Klea's reach extends far beyond one wild Winter faerie. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares to face what may be Avalon's final days, in the stunning conclusion to the Wings series.





My Thoughts:

I thought that this was a great finale for this series. It wasn't how some books are with finales:What happened? The book before this, Illusions, had me like that, though, but this one tied up all of the loose ends.

The opening of the book starts off exactly where the last one ended: with Yuki tied up. It also started in Tamani's point of view, which made me extremely happy because I loved his character. All of the characters (i.e. Laurel, Tamani, Shar) are trying to decide if having Yuki tied up is good or bad morally, since she technically didn't do anything to them. The Chelsea and David are having an even harder time of it, but they make it, anyway.

Finally, the trolls attack, and that is the catalyst for the rest of the book. The trolls attack almost all the time in this one, and Klea, their leader, isn't giving up on trying to take over Avalon.
Later in the book, some secrets are revealed about who Klea really is, and it is an almighty shocker (at least it was to me).

All of them, Chelsea, David, Laurel, Tamani, and other assorted faeries all work together (though somewhat reluctantly) to expel the troll, and Klea with them.

When I was reading the book, I just felt like it was the end. So, if I hadn't known this was the last book in the series, I would've known just from reading it. From the beginning, it felt like it was at the pinnacle of the series, then quickly made it's way down the slop to the conclusion.

This book made me very happy with Aprilynne, because I have to admit, I was mad about the cliffhanger in the last book. But, oh well, it all worked out in the end.

At the end of the book, Jamison said some things, though, that made me wonder: What will happen with Avalon? Is Yasmine going to ever become Queen? Will Tamani and Laurel ever come back or not? So, I almost hope that Aprilynne writes a sort of companion for this about what happens after, because I feel (since this was so great a series) that it needs a 'What happens next' type thing.


Now, I'm starting a visual rating system for all of the books I review (from now to... forever)

Drum roll, please.... This book received:

5 hearts!
5 hearts

I selected this post to be featured on Book Review Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

I love it when people comment! :D