The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

9:13 PM 0 Comments A + a -

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

Author: Melissa Jensen

Release Date: February 16, 2012

Publisher: Speak

Summary (Goodreads):
Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that's just fine by her. She's got her friends - the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She's got her art - and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it's hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they're dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?




My Thoughts:

I liked this book!

At first, when I had picked it up, I had thought that it wasn't really my cup of tea; I usually like to read more paranormal romance books. Also: it looked sort of like a jv fiction book (which I dislike to read).

I would like to say that I was wrong. It was not at all like a juvenile fic book. It was actually very interesting. I liked that it had the book in a art geek's point-of-view, and not the popular person's. Although it seems kind of cliched, it's cliched in a good way.

I felt myself going with Ella on all of her ups and downs, especially with the whole Alex thing. I mean, NOBODY knows that they're dating? (How dare he!!)

Now, I think I'm going to go and find a painter and start crushing on him and go ace French and become a cute guy's tutor since Ella did it and got all of this good sorts of luck.

-Au revoir (Good bye in French)

I love it when people comment! :D