Spellcaster

8:15 PM 0 Comments A + a -

Spellcaster

Author: Cara Lynn Shultz

Release Date: March 27, 2012

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Summary (Goodreads):
Finding your eternal soulmate - easy.

Stopping a true-love-hungry evil - not so much…

After breaking a centuries-old romantic curse, Emma Connor is (almost) glad to get back to normal problems. Although...it's not easy dealing with the jealous cliques and gossip that rule her exclusive Upper East Side prep, even for a sixteen-year-old newbie witch. Having the most-wanted boy in school as her eternal soul mate sure helps ease the pain-especially since wealthy, rocker-hot Brendan Salinger is very good at staying irresistibly close....

But something dark and hungry is using Emma and Brendan's deepest fears to reveal damaging secrets and destroy their trust in each other. And Emma's crash course in über-spells may not be enough to keep them safe…or to stop an inhuman force bent on making their unsuspected power its own.




My Thoughts:


**This WILL have spoilers**


This book was a great sequel to Spellbound!


I loved how the prologue was in a different point of view-- it kept me guessing at who it was throughout the whole book (at least until the mystery person was revealed). I also love it how Emma has to give herself pep talks before encountering her (not) adoring fans.


It seems as if Brendan has gotten hotter since I read Spellbound... That's what being away from each other for a while will do to a girl...


Anyways, I love how strong Emma's character has gotten! I know if I were in her situation I would run like some choice characters in the book. She's a great heroine for these books and I love her witty personality. At some points in the book(s) I wished I was in Emma's place (and not because of her awesome and hot boyfriend).


Though the switches to Angelique's point of view in it sometimes confused me, I really actually liked them because at some of the parts in the book I was like "What was she thinking?" And when I actually got to see how she was thinking, I was like "Ohhhh." If Angelique's p-o-v wasn't in there, I think I'd be confused as heck. But, I wasn't (as you can see).

Now, to Brendan and Emma's relationship.
They are so cute together! I wish I had a romance like them. I think reading about soul mates in a romance (ya) book is the icing on the cake; that's how you know the depth of their feelings. Sometimes after I finish a book I wonder if the two characters would even stay together years later (if they were real, of course), but with soul mate(s), you know that they would hypothetically stay together forever (don't laugh... I'm a romantic).

I think that Cara Lynn Shultz did a great job on this second installment. I would definitely   recommend this book to other readers who enjoy romantic/happy ending/ suspenseful stories to read. (If I had golden stars, they'd be all over this post right now).

-Go read this book!





I love it when people comment! :D