Blog Tour Stop: The Unloved by Jennifer Snyder- Guest Post
The Guest Post (from Jennifer Snyder)
6 Things You Didn’t Know About The Unloved Until Now:
1) The song Stupify by Disturbed played on repeat for hours through my headphones while writing.
2) Nick’s view of high school resembling jail was exactly how I felt during my senior year.
3) In my original outline, Julie was going to become hooked on pills or be a cutter.
4) In the first scenes I ever wrote of The Unloved, Nick was actually going to be Julie’s best friend’s older brother.
5) In my first few jot downs of things I wanted to happen in The Unloved, Julie was going to make a suicide attempt and Nick was going to be the one who got to her just in time.
6) I never knew the ending to The Unloved until I actually typed it. This is something that is very rare for me when I’m writing.
Author: Jennifer Snyder
Release Date: July 30, 2012
Sometimes the love our heart needs to heal can be found in the familiar eyes of a childhood friend...
Julie Porter learned the hard way that trust is something which must be earned and not something to be given out lightly, those who say they love you are those who hold the power to hurt you most, and best friends can help you survive anything—until they move away.
Nick Owen knows a thing or two about a hard life. At a young age Nick learned how to take a hit and to make lemonade out of the lemons life tossed his way. Returning home after nearly two years of being away, all Nick cares about now is protecting his mom from the abusive hands of his father and catching up with his best friend—the girl who lived across the street, the girl he can’t seem to stop thinking about.
Finally reunited after two years apart, Nick and Julie are about to learn that age does nothing to protect you from life’s trials and tribulations, heartache and loss, but maybe together they’ll find a way to survive.
(Mature Young Adult, contains violence, language, and sexual situations.)