As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

2:17 PM 0 Comments A + a -

As I Wake


Author: Elizabeth Scott

Release Date: September 15, 2011

Publisher: Dutton Juvenile

Summary (Goodreads):

Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.



My Thoughts:

Um... I can't really come up with a good summary in my own words for this one. I just... At least I got through it.

It really reminded me of the movie "Inception". Half the time, I wasn't sure if she was dreaming, if she was awake, what was really, and what wasn't real. It was... annoying.

And then, when I was sure that it was real, at a tear jerking part... It grabbed me by the throat and yanked me around, basically saying 'Ha-ha. I FINALLY got you. Lolz." That made me so mad. I was like... "What?!?!?"

I'm sorry guys, that I didn't really write a very good/ long review on this one. I just wasn't sure what I was reading most of the time. It made me want to throw the book clear across the room.

So, yeah, this one got er... one heart. BUT that is only my opinion on it. I'm sure people out there either really liked this book or will love reading it, so why don't YOU go out and read it, or try it out for size?
1 heart

I love it when people comment! :D